Happy Sunday All!
I hope you’ve all had a great weekend and gotten in some nice relaxation and rest to gear up for the new week ahead. I’ve been diligently planning my breakfast, lunch and snacks for the week and I’ve got hold of this brilliant idea to put all my meals in mason jars ( sadly, not mine! ), but which I found on this amazing food/fitness blog – Big Red Kitchen – written by it’s founder, Robin, whose fantastic imagination and creativity when it comes to healthy food and how to do it fast and effectively really inspires! You can see more on her Mason Jar Meals – here. Other than that, I’ve been playing the PS3 all weekend with my boyfriend to kind of zen out and let me just say that the original Silent Hill is SO scary!! I seriously couldn’t get past the first level. IT’S SO CREEPY! I also played some Little Big Planet (so cute!) and then my newest obsession : JK Rowling’s Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk which is this interactive game for the PS3 Move which allows you to learn how to do all the spells from Harry Potter (time to geek out and gush!) and OMG it is AWESOME! If you’re a fan of the books or films or whatever, I highly recommend it. It’s obviously meant for young children, but I have absolutely no shame in enjoying it regardless! I will try to post some images on Instagram (@StorybookBeauty) if you guys would like to see what the game looks like. It is SO MUCH FUN!
Okay, so past my rambling on about my weekend, today’s post is a big massive THANK YOU! for all the lovelies who nominated me for a few awards this past month or so – THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! It means loads to me that others read my blog and like the posts, find them helpful, and keep coming back so thank you very much to all of you.
And onto the Awards!
Thanks so much to AOuiBitofRed for nominating me for this Beautiful Blogger Award!
You can see her original post on it – here.
The Beauty Blogger Award has the following rules:
1. Link back the person who nominated you.
2. Post the award on your page.
3. Tell seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
7 Facts About Me:
- My favorite song of the moment is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons.
- I have an obsession with all things fantasy related including HP, OUAT & Grimm.
- I love zombie films!
- I really enjoy film score soundtracks.
- When I was 5, I once peed myself on the swings at school ( you totally needed to know that).
- I have a strange like for checking the mail ever since I was young. I think it’s because nobody ever wrote me letters and I was always hoping someone would Lol. Now I look forward to beauty parcels !
- My favorite drink is milk tea with boba or jasmine tea with aloe jelly. YUM!
- MyLuciteDreams – I love your product reviews. Somehow, I think we have the same skin and like the same products so thanks for reviewing them for me! LOL.
- SweetJellyBean – I love how cute and adorable everything on your blog is. Your presentation is so much fun and I love that!
- BeautyandtheBestoftheRest – You are truly a brilliant writer. Your mini novel last year was AMAZING (did you ever finish that btw??) and your posts are just as great. I love reading your posts even if they are simple and short. Plus, I find I really like you as a person too because you have a lot of integrity.
- ASimpleLifeofFashion – I love your simple fashion posts – They are exactly what your blog is about and it’s a lot of fun to see what you’re wearing! I really enjoy being nosy haha.
- FashionNoodles – I love that you have tons of fashion posts, but your posts are still diverse with bits of different things thrown in! They’re always fun to see and read!
- HealthyFrenchie – Your posts inspire me. How you overcame your own life struggles and help others really inspires me in life and as a blogger. I love your tips and pictures of your town and adorable dog, Freddie!
- BrownPonytail – I really find your posts to be so entertaining and funny. You have great comedic timing as a writer and your posts are also really helpful!
The Rules for this Award:
- Acknowledge the person who passed the award to you and provide their link.
- Include the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions I posted below.
- Nominate blogs and link those you have especially enjoyed reading. The number you can select is up to you.
- Notify each individual that you have nominated them.
Ten Questions from Breige:
What is your favourite TV show and why? It’s so hard to pick a favorite as I love quite a few these days, but probably Once Upon A Time as it really has the most diverse and fun story to theory craft on at the moment! I love fairy tales so it’s no wonder that I love this show. You can see my recent post on it – here.
Do you have a song that you don’t mind playing on repeat? There are loads, but one of my favorites at the moment is Florence + the Machine’s “Shake It Out” as it’s really easy to relate to and uplifting all at once. You can listen to it in my workout playlist – here.
What is the coolest thing that you have ever done? I dunno. I really enjoyed going to the UK when I was 15. That was TONS of fun and really cool to see Cardiff Castle, Tower of London, Big Ben, and go shopping and meet new people. I even got to go to school with my friends from Wales who went to a Welsh school. It was crazy to hear people speaking fluent Welsh and also to see the difference between US and UK education. Theirs is better! Lol.
What do you think makes a good blog? I think interesting, helpful, and inventive content makes a good blog. I notice that the ones who teach me new things and show me products I’ve never seen before or maybe beauty reviews that I’m curious about and do so in a fun way are the ones I keep going back to. I love a good sense of humor as well! You should be able to laugh at life and yourself.
What do you think makes a good blogger? As I said above, I think it’s someone who really knows how to write about things in a new and interesting way or is creative and can show you and teach you new things to make life more fun or just easier. Also, I really love a good sense of humor.
Tell me something completely random about yourself. I am so terrible at answering these ones. Uhmmmm. I’m really in love with the Gourmet Shrimp Taco Plate at Rubios right now. It is the most delicious thing EVER. Seriously. If you can, go try it RIGHT NOW. Lol.
My Questions for My Nominations:
What is your favorite food?
Why do you blog?
What’s your favorite part about being a blogger?
What makes you laugh?
What’s your favorite film?
What’s your desert island makeup product?
What is your favorite accessory?
What makes you feel most confident?
What do you love about blogging and what do you dislike?
And lastly, my nominations!
Rules: Thank the blogger(s) who gave you the award and link back to their blog. Nominate other blogs for this award and let them know. Post the award on your blog. Answer 5 questions:
- Cookies or Cake? Cookies!
- Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate!
- Favorite sweet treat? Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies or Boba!
- When do you crave sweet things the most? Around my period. It’s like Good GOD Just give me some dark chocolate or shut the hell up! Yes, I’m like that Lol.
- If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I do! My mom calls me doodlebug and it never gets old! 😉
- Pixi Wishes & Forehead Kisses – I love all of your food recipes – they look SO delicious! Also, you always include an interesting story with your posts about yourself which I find really interesting to read.
- LatinoLook – I love that you post in English and Spanish! It allows me to practice my Spanish AND read an awesome post!
- Wands&Pliers – We have a mutual love for HP and food apparently! I love all of your restaurant and food posts – I am a foodie at heart, I guess! Your reviews do make me wish I lived in Vancouver though!
- NonFashionista – I love that you have diverse fashion and beauty posts and they’re always very fun and helpful.
- MaesBeauty – Your nails are AMAZING! I look forward to seeing them everyday haha. They are fun and inventive and inspiring to nail noobs like me.
Thanks so much to everyone who nominated me and thanks also to all of you who come by and continue to read my blog – it means a lot and I appreciate it very much!
Have a Great Day!