So, last night I was all about making the best smoothie recipes, especially green smoothies because I want to make sure I get all the greens and nutrients I need throughout the day for energy and immunity.
First off, I used organic frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries and blueberries mix). I used the whole pack that I had, but I think it was about 1-2 cups so it’s up to you how many you want to toss in. I love berries so yep!
If you want to or have them on hand, you can opt for fresh berries of your choice, but this is just what I had on hand.
Also, if you use fresh, you may need to use more ice/water than I did.
Next I added about 1.5-2 handfuls of fresh organic spinach leaves.
What surprised me about this smoothie is the fact that I cannot taste the spinach AT ALL.
I am not sure whether it’s because I used a lot of berries to balance it or what, but its awesome!
The last thing I added was 2 bananas which really added a bit of sweetness to the smoothie and helped to counteract any bitterness from the berries.
- 1/2-1 Bag Organic Frozen Mixed Berries (1-2 Cups Fresh with 1 Cup Crushed Ice)
- 1-2 Handfuls of Organic Fresh Spinach
- 2 Bananas (Fresh or frozen; if frozen, try to freeze your own and use overripe ones as they are the sweetest!)
- Blend your berries first if you’re using the frozen kind, otherwise the order won’t matter. I spent a bit of time blending my berries first to break apart the pieces of frozen fruit that stuck together.
- After the berries are blended, add the spinach and blend.
- Lastly, add your bananas in little chunks. I just broke them apart with my hand. This made blending a lot faster than if they were whole.
- That’s it!