For January, I didn’t really do a monthly goals post, but a post on my goals for the entirety of 2013 and I will be using that list to check in each month and see where I’m at. It may change or stay the same as some of them are goals that will be ongoing for a bit and take a bit of time to achieve. I think I did pretty well this past month so far, but let’s see!
My Goals for 2013 Recapped & How I Did:
You can also see my original goals for 2013 post – here.
- Make More Money. I think this one is on nearly everyone’s list, but yes, I’d like to make more money and live more comfortably. I haven’t made any extreme amount of money so far, but I will be debt free by my birthday (April 20th) so I’m excited about that !!
- Move to My Own Apartment. I live with a bunch of people at the moment in a big house and while I don’t necessarily hate it, I’d prefer to live in my own place with my boyfriend and my dog, Yoshi mainly because I’d like to have my own fridge. That might sound weird, but I a a huge food snob and I want to stock my pantry with healthy food and my fridge with lots of fruits and veggies without 1. the fear of everyone eating my food and 2. the annoyance when my food is constantly pushed to the back. Also, I’d like to decorate! This may be a little delayed, unfortunately, but I’m excited that when we finally do move, we will be in a much better financial standing and can live comfortably and with less stress in our lives.
- Run 3 Miles a Day 4 Times a Week Consistently. I really enjoy running, but what sucks is that I live in a really bad neighborhood to run in. It’s not really safe for a girl to run by herself and my boyfriend gets all crazy whenever I want to go running by myself. Also, with the hours I work, it’s nearly impossible to go running before it gets dark so I’d like to run on the treadmill at my local gym and possibly run outside on weekends, but whatever, I’d like to be running 3 miles a day 4 times a week consistently in order to lose weight, improve cardio health and bring my body fat percentage down. I don’t know about how many miles I’ve ran daily, but I’ve certainly been getting close to that number at least 2 of the 5 to 6 days I’ve been working out a week. I haven’t been on this plan long enough to say I’ve been consistent as I started a week and a half ago, but I’m on week 2 already of the consistent running bit at the gym so that’s good!
- Eat Clean & Get My 7-9 Servings of Fruits & Veggies Everyday. I am working as we speak on re-designing my eating plan by planning out breakfast, lunch, and snacks that are all “clean.” If you’re unfamiliar, eating clean is basically eating only whole foods – no processed, packaged, or artificial foods – only whole foods like veggies, fruits, meat, beans, legumes, and some grains. I’ve been pretty good about this one. I’ve made my lunch a few times a week and when I’ve gone out for lunch, it’s been for a salad or some other kind of balanced chicken meal. If I’ve had to eat unhealthily, I’ve limited my intake and I’ve been using My Fitness Pal to track workouts, calories and my weight. If you don’t have this awesome application on your phone, it is awesome for keeping track of calories in calories out and giving you a better idea of what nutrients are in the food you’re eating.
- Take More Fashion Risks & Incorporate More Color Into My Wardrobe. I am not necessarily someone who wears all black all the time, but I have a number of safety color choices from black to blue, purple and sometimes a little green or pink, but I haven’t branched out to some more eclectic colors and I’d like to do so this year! I haven’t been TOO consistent on this one as my boyfriend and I promised to not buy any clothing until August when we plan to hit our goal weights and go on mini shopping sprees LOL. So because of that, I’ve been only been a bit more colorful with what I already own and while it’s not much, it’s a start!
- Organize My Beauty Collection. It is a MESS. Seriously. It’s out of control under my sink. Some of it is kind of stored, but it just looks horribly disorganized and I’d like to be as awesome as all the people on Pinterest and YouTube and really get that madness under control. I have not done this at all and it’s gotten even MORE out of hand! Really need to tackle this one ASAP!
- Start a YouTube Channel. This is one of those things I’ve wanted to do, but just haven’t gotten around to doing and I’d really like to do it because it looks like a lot of fun! I would love to share my fitness tips, recipes, makeup and beauty tips, DIY, skincare and things so this one is big on my list. I’ve really wanted to do this one, but I just haven’t had the time. I’m still adjusting to my workout schedule and things and so once I’m more regularly consistent on that schedule, I think I’ll be good to do this one.
- Organize My Closet. My closet doesn’t necessarily look as horrible as my beauty collection, but it’s just cluttered and disorganized and since my room is so small, it’s quite obvious that it is! I really want one of those wooden hanging closet systems so that’s high on my list to get my closet in shape! Plus, I’d like to get rid of my dresser and just have my closet. I’m avant garde like that . I haven’t been able to afford the closet organizer that I want ( it’s this one, if you’re interested!) and so haven’t done much work on this really, but I have it planned in the near future!
- Pay Off Debt. I don’t have like massive amounts of debt or anything, but I have balances I’d like to pay off that I’ve put off and sort of not really made a plan on how to pay them off when I really should so this is a big one on my financial to-do list because I’d like to be debt free this time next year. As I said above, I will be debt FREE by my birthday this year! WOOT! So excited about it!!
- Go Back to Acting Classes. This is very near and dear to my heart and it’s not something I really talk about on here because this is a beauty blog and I don’t know that it’s of interest to anyone really, but I did take acting classes and go to studios all through my teens. I took a break when I was 20 and just couldn’t afford to go back. Then I gained weight, lost my confidence in my ability and yeah. So this year I’d like to go back to class and really do something. Acting is my passion and something I’d like to do as a career and so this is a huge priority for me. I would ideally like to lose a bit more weight before I go back and start class again and I really can’t afford it at the moment, but it’s on my list and on my mind.
- Get An Agent & Audition for Parts in Film & TV. Lastly, I’d like to get an agent and start working in film and TV. I love TV and film and ever since I was a young girl, that’s been something I’ve wanted to do. I’ve put it off out of fear of rejection and lack of confidence in my abilities, but it’s high time I just went and did it so that’s my goal for 2013. This can’t really happen until I’ve done some more recent shorts and student films and indies and things so it’s on the list and on my mind!
My Goals for This Month!
- Make More Money AND Save More Money. Now that I’ll be debt free very soon, I’d really like to focus on saving money and making more money overall. I want to finally go on some vacation trips, including a Disney Cruise next year, so we really need to hop to saving! Also, if we want to move, we’ll need to save the deposit as well.
- Organize My Closet, Room & Bathroom Areas! This just NEEDS to happen! It’s gotten really out of hand (not like hoarder bad or anything, just to my standards haha) and I’d like to be more organized so everything can look spiffier. Because I like de-cluttering.
- Stay Consistent With the Gym & Working Out 5-6 Times Per Week. I’ve been really surprisingly good on this one the past month and I’d like to keep it going to the point where it becomes a habit. I really LOVE going to the gym. Getting up early ( 4:30 AM early ) kind of sucks at first, but once I’m up, I’m super happy to be so and get moving. Also, I find that moving in the AM gives me A LOT of energy throughout the day and helps me stay positive and motivated so I really love it. It’s also helped my eating stay on track as well so yes, let’s keep it going!!
- Stay Consistent With Healthy Eating. I’ve been good on this one as well and I’ve been pretty consistently making healthy lunches, if not, healthier food choices and really keeping track of calories in / calories out so I’m really happy about it. I’d like to make this one a habit as well so keep it going all through February and on into March!
- Lose 10-15 pounds. I know some people say you shouldn’t set goals or whatever in pounds, but I’m doing it anyway. I need to lose more than this overall, but this month, I’d really like to drop 10-15 pounds. It’s not impossible and I’ve already dropped 4 pounds, so far, and I think I can manage it! This will help me stay on track with my weight loss.
- Be A More Romantic Girlfriend. I’m a very romantic person, but I admit that lately, I’ve been so focused on my own goals that I completely neglect my boyfriend sometimes LOL. So I would really like to spend some special time with him and do more special things like go out and do new things or just take more walks together would be nice!
What are your goals for 2013 or for the month of February?
Let me know in the comments below!