I’ve seen tons of blogger tags and I love doing them personally, but I thought it’d be fun if I made my own up this time because there are a number of questions that I want answered by bloggers which I think are interesting to read, fun to answer and you know, I’m a nosy person who enjoys poking into others’ personal business so, you know.
The theme for this tag is romance and it may not be what you imagine, but I think it’s appropriate for bloggers because, let’s face it, we’re all romantics here otherwise we would not be writers. So, don’t go thinking this post will delve into your personal life (too deeply ;-)) because it’s more about romantic things, likes, dislikes, and all that jazz than it is about people, though feel free to mention those, too, if you like!
There are really no rules or anything other than please link back to this original post in your post if you do this tag on your blog, just answer the questions and pass it on by tagging others at the end of your post! Oh! And please, for God’s sake, enjoy yourself!
- What is your favorite romance film and why? My favorite romance film is Pride and Prejudice. Actually my favorite romance novel is also Pride & Prejudice. I absolutely LOVE Elizabeth Bennett’s character.
- Which character from a film or book is your ideal and why? Definitely Mr. Darcy. He’s just so perfectly imperfect. I hate when a man looks too perfect or clean cut. I love that he has flaws because it makes him more human.
- Your idea love life in a song – go! Regretting creating this question because now I’m stumped. Uhmm. Honestly, I love film scores so it’s likely that it’s some instrumental on piano or something. Or maybe “The Only Exception” by Paramore or “Shh” by Imogen Heap.
- Song that makes you cry your eyes out for seemingly no reason at all… Not cry my eyes out, but it’s sad is “Someone Like You” or “Take It All” by Adele. Every time she starts talking about not looking back on “this crumbling fool” – oh dear, I’m getting teary eyed just thinking of it! Also, “Breathe” or “My Love” by Sia. Man, all of Sia’s songs are sad (ok so pre 2010 they are all sad).
- Film guaranteed to make you cry every time… I cry in a LOT of films because I’m a total sap, but I always cry in Titanic (yes I’m lame AND proud of it). Although it’s not a romance film really, I also cry EVERY SINGLE TIME in the beginning of Deathly Hallows part 1 when Hermione has to erase her parents’ memories. That’s the only scene in the films that wasn’t in the books that was incredible and depressing to see.
- What is your favorite color for romantic makeup looks? Any kind of rose pinks like satiny matte pink rose colors that make you look flushed.
- Favorite hair style for a soft, romantic look? I really love 1920’s finger waves and simple low buns with curls hanging out. Or french braids. Hmm…
- Which female heroine do you most identify with, either from a book or movie? Elizabeth Bennett. I love that she’s so intelligent, witty and not afraid to fight for what she wants despite being from a period in time where women had little to no rights at all. She has guts.
- Your ideal romance life exists in which time period? Hmm Victorian times probably. I love corsets which makes me sound like I enjoy torture, but whatever.
- What are you wearing in this hypothetical romance? I love this dress, but I hate the hair LOL. So that dress with different hair!
So, yes, I know they are silly questions, but I find them highly entertaining and for some reason, I spend a great deal thinking about which heroine I most identify with in films and books that I love and which time period I should’ve been born in.
I tag all of you to either answer the questions on your blog (if you have one!) or in the comments below as I’d love to read your answers!