Happy Friday Everyone!
I can’t believe the week is already over – they seriously go by so fast!
So, I woke up this morning to find I’d been tagged in a fun beauty game by the lovely D @SweetJellyBean and I thought, What better way to start off the weekend than by a little game of Beauty Q&A?
Thanks so much to D at SweetJellyBean for including me in the fun!
I really think these are super entertaining and interesting to read and I had tons of fun reading D’s (click the link above to read her Q&A) so I hope you enjoy mine and have a lovely weekend!
1. Blush Or Bronzer? Ermmm… I’d have to say bronzer! I like to contour and sculpt, but I prefer my looks to be not noticeable. So that you can’t tell I’m wearing makeup or whichever. Sometimes I like matte blushes or glow blush creams, but mostly I avoid it because I don’t like to look shiny or for it to accentuate spots.
2. Lipstick or Lipgloss? Hmmmm…probably lipstick! It’s funny because I mostly wear nudey beige colors or light natural mauves, but I don’t like gloss too much. Especially those sticky-as-hell-feels-like-glue kinds! They make my lips stick together and I look all plastic haha – gross!
3. Chapstick or Lip Butter? I really love lip butters! They look creamy and hydrate your lips all at once so it’s like a multi-functioning product and I love that. I really like tinted lip butters the most. Chapstick feels cheap most days, unless it’s organic, but then I’m like, why am I paying $10 for this tiny tube?
4. Matte or Sparkle Eyeshadow? I almost always like matte everything, but I love shimmer eye shadows! They really soften the eyes up and look lovely on. I’m not very skilled at applying makeup, but shimmer shadows are great because you can totally mess it up and it still looks pretty if you blend it all with a brush or your finger. Matte has a tendency to make you look older, in my opinion, and sparkle shadow makes you look like you just walked out of the 1980’s. You know, unless you did, then I guess it might be appropriate.
5. Gel, Liquid, Cream or Pencil Liner? This is tough! I love them all except for gel. Gels tend to dry up really quickly and cake up when they get old so I’m not a fan of that. I love liquid and pencil the most, I think. I love liquid pen liners, though. Like the kind that look like markers because I’ve nearly blinded myself trying to use those paint brush liquid liners. It just doesn’t work out, ever. Someone always gets hurt and that someone is usually me. I like pencil liners because they’re pretty fool proof and a lot of them last a long time. My favorite since high school is the Maybelline Unstoppable. I always go back to it because it never smudges, lasts forever and looks super dark. I was a bit goth in my school days, what can I say? My current liquid favorite is the Eyeko Liner Pen. For natural eye liner, Lime Lily Cosmetics Liner is Jet is really good as well!
6. Foundation or Concealer? Probably foundation. I am the laziest concealer person ever. I know a lot of people say it can change your entire appearance and make you appear awake and take away blemishes, blah blah, but I am a firm believer in leaving my spots alone for the most part so they can heal properly, especially since a lot of concealers worsen breakouts anyway, and I also neglect eye concealer because I’ve found it difficult to find one that doesn’t make my under eyes look cakey or dry and that doesn’t break me out. I know that sounds weird, but concealers make my under eyes break out a lot in tiny little white bumps. The only one I’ve found that’s halfway decent is the Neutrogena Concealer for Eyes which combines a cream and concealer. It’s light diffusing so not as heavy as most and it hydrates. I also recently discovered a blemish concealer that I think I might love, but more on that later! For foundation, I’ve been loving the Living Nature one!
7. Liquid or Powder Foundation? Personally, I like both, but it depends on the season. If you’ve been following, you’ll have read about me complaining about the heat for ages because it gets ridiculously hot here in Cali. So, in summer, I almost always prefer powder foundation. It’s just too hot to wear liquid because it melts off my face the moment I walk out the door, primer or not. I love wearing liquid in the winter months when it’s colder, though; it has such a lovely soft finish!
8. Neutral or Statement Eye? I really love toned down lips and statement smokey eye looks. I think I enjoy doing eye shadow looks more than bright lips. I only do bright lip looks when I’m too lazy to do anything else. So, basically, weekdays are bright lip looks by default LOL.
9. Pressed or Loose Shadows? I like loose shadows for the most part. Pressed shadows can be great, but sometimes they get dry and lose their pigment over time. Loose shadows don’t ever seem to lose color or vibrancy and I can control the perfect amount on the brush. My only complaint is loose is always much messier. I get it all over the place.
10. Waterproof or Non-Waterproof? I know waterproof is bad and not natural really, but honestly, I am the kind of person where you never know when I might hear someone’s touching story and cry my eyes out. It could happen at any moment. I don’t always get sobby, but I get all “teary eyed” and then the smudges happen. Even when I laugh that happens so I kind of prefer waterproof. I wish someone would come out with a natural waterproof version and, if someone knows of one, please let me know!
11. Brushes, Sponges or Fingers? I love sponges for foundation, brushes for eyes and brows, and fingers for when it gets messed up and I try to fix it.
12. Powder, Cream or Liquid Highlighters? You know, I’ve tried highlighters many a time and I’m just not good at it. Whatever way I try to apply it, I end up looking like a shiny beacon or blotchy because the placement is all wrong. I’ve had the best luck with using cream ones. I always seem to apply too much if I use the powder kind so it gets everywhere and I never know how much liquid of the liquid kind I’ll need to I either under apply or over apply and it always looks hideous. -Sigh-
♥ Spill your beauty secrets! (Additional Q for you by D (Sweetjellybean.com)♥
Can’t Live Without Skincare Product?
There are too many because, as you know, I am beauty-dependent, especially when it comes to skincare, but at the moment, I’m seriously loving the Alpha-H Balancing Moisturizer and Gentle Exfoliant. It’s a serious favorite. I had run out, but I just got some more and loving it even more than before!
Favorite Makeup Blusher?
I don’t really have a favorite, but I do love the Alima Pure Satin Matte blush. It goes on really nicely and lends a pretty glow to the face without looking shiny or sparkly.
Take-it-with-me-always beauty product?
Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara. If nothing else, I always wear mascara and I really love this one! And probably my Karen Murrell Lipsticks. They are so fantastic. They smell like cinnamon and feel super creamy on the lips!
Bonus Question from Tianna @StorybookApothecary!
What Is One Beauty Item You’re Willing To Splurge On Even Though It’s Expensive?
For me, this is my Clarisonic. It’s the only product I’ve spent way too much on that I don’t regret. I absolutely love it and it’s always there for when my skin is acting up or if I want a lazy cleansing day. It’s a great tool to have on hand, especially if you have trouble skin.
And Now, It’s Time for Tag-sies!