I posted this photo yesterday on Instagram (I’m @StorybookBeauty :-)) and I thought I would post on it as well because it dawned on me that, although this is something I’ve been doing for years, it may be entirely foreign to a lot of you.
This is how I catalog, keep track of and visualize all of my goals and dreams!
I first got the idea from my mom – she’s a damn wonder woman and the source of nearly every good idea I’ve ever had, even if indirectly, but then I think we all have the same feeling about our women we look up into in our lives, no?
Anyway, so Basically Here is How it Works:
- Purchase a Cork Board & Push Pins Or Some Construction Paper and a Glue Stick. You will need scissors for both of these.
- Magazine Cut Outs Or Print Photos From The Net. Simply pick images that will represent your goals. For instance, my goals for this month are eat healthy, whole foods, workout consistently, Find Peace of Mind, Be More Fashionable & Spend Time with Friends & Family more. For eating healthy, I’ve chosen photos of dishes that look healthy, wholesome but also delicious to me! For working out, I’ve posted Nike type ads with motivational statements as well as pictures of people being active. For being more fashionable, I’ve pinned images of styles I like, people I think are fashionable, etc. Just get creative with it and have fun! I have a blast doing this every time; it’s like doing a grade school art project!
- Pin or Use a Glue Stick to Collage Your Photos Together.
- Post In a Notebook that you consult daily or Post Up Your Cork Board in a place you Look Every Day to stay focused on them. The Bathroom or Facing Your Bed are both great because you will see it often. This is to keep you mindful of your goals all month. If you put it away and never look at it, it defeats the purpose. Make sure you browse your notebook often or if that’s not something you can remember, the cork board is the easiest way to do things because you can mount it on a wall wherever you spend a lot of time so you can see it frequently.
- Refresh Your Photos Each Month or At Least Once Every 3 Months. I like to do this because my goals often change or stay the same, but evolve to a more specific idea and I like my collage to reflect that. Plus, it keeps things fresh. It can get boring or you might start ignoring your board if you see it gathering dust or looking dated. Plus, this is a great way to remember your goals and always keep them in mind if you frequently update the board to reflect your heart’s desire.
I hope you like this idea and try it for yourself! It really does make a difference in my overall focus on my goals, my positivite attitude in life and towards my goals, etc. so I hope it can help you too!
So, what are your goals?
Have you done anything like this for your goals before?