So I originally did my first goals post in July (see that post – here) after being inspired by both HealthyFrenchie and F00dVentures posts on their goals. Thanks again to both of you! Your posts always inspire me. 🙂
Here are My Goals from July & How I’ve Measured Up This Past Month:
- Run 10 miles a week or More. I’m so surprised because this is the goal I thought would be the most difficult, yet it’s the one I’m actually completing for the most part. Although, I’m not always running, I have been at least walking or jogging 2-5 miles a few times a week. 🙂
- Get My Crunch Gym Membership. I haven’t yet done this, but for now, running seems to be enough and I’ve gotten such awesome ideas from HealthyFrenchie’s workout posts like this one and this one that I think I can actually do my own workouts at home for now. Still on my list though!
- Eat More Greens and Things. This one has been so so. On some days, I’m eating a bunch of greens and others I’m not eating enough. This is still on my list because I know I can get more greens into my meals and certainly need them.
- Save More Money. I’ve actually saved some money in my box of tricks! Yay! It’s not much at the moment, but the fact that I’m taking steps to do it makes me proud anyway. Still on my list.
- Meditate Daily. I have not done this at all haha. Between work and blogging, I forgot all about it. Keeping it on my list though.
- Stay Positive, Take Time for Myself and Smile More Often. This has been something that I am taking steps towards, especially by reading inspirational quotes and working on seeing the big picture that is life, how beautiful a place that life is, etc. I think I’m making progress here.
- Stay the Course & Don’t Give Up. I haven’t given up yet and I’ve been pretty consistent with my workouts and things! I’m pretty proud of that, but I think I’ll be keeping this one on my list for a long while.
Goals for August!
- Keep Running 10 miles or more per week. In the beginning, I don’t think I wanted to run at all. I convinced myself that I hated running, running hated me, and that I would not enjoy it, but to be honest with you, I love it now. Running makes me feel good. It helps me get rid of the clutter in my head and the stress and all the weight of the day. I’m not a fast runner and sometimes I have to walk it, but as long as I finish, I ‘m happy. I can’t say it’s been easy going, but I do think it’s worth it so I’d like to keep doing it.
- Save Money. This has been pretty difficult to start up, but I have managed to put away some money so that’s a start! I want to keep going with this until I have large amounts of cash in my box and in my bank.
- More Greens and Fruits and all That Jazz. I’ve been shopping at the farmer’s market a few times, but since moving I got a bit thrown off. The market isn’t the same so I’ve gone back to my other one and I’m trying to figure out how to maximize my food without killing my wallet. It’s a work in progress, but I think I will be better over time so I’d like to get a lot of my veggies, fruits etc. at the farmer’s market and avoid the store as much as possible. Whole foods!
- Meditate Nightly and Relax. I’m just not a morning person. I need to come to terms with that so I figure I’ll probably just do this at night before bed. That’s my goal anyway 😉 .
- Stay Positive, Take Time for Myself and Smile More Often. This actually had a nice effect on me this month to be mindful of it and help me stay positive.
- Stay the Course and Don’t Give Up! Same as above, this is just a nice reminder.
What are your goals for the month of August?