So, recently, I was very lucky to receive a very generous sample from Egyptian Magic to review for this blog. I actually had written them because I have been wanting to try this cream for a long time. Given the huge reputation they seem to have among cult beauty enthusiasts and makeup artists, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on some to try so I could review it for you guys!
Product Claims : They have so many claims under their belt from celebrities, celeb makeup artists, etc. to testimonials of scar healing, wound healing, and the successful treatment of psoriasis and eczema, Egyptian Magic Skin Cream has been endorsed by celebrities, models and doctors alike.
…Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream “The People’s Choice” is made with the blessings and guidance of our ancestors and with the following pure ingredients: olive oil, bees wax, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly, bee propolis and Divine love. Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream “The People’s Choice” is sold through upscale health food stores, homeopathic pharmacies, and estheticians’ offices. In addition gynecologists, plastic surgeons, homeopathic physicians, chiropractors from all over the world sell Egyptian Magic All-Purpose Skin Cream “The People’s Choice.”…
My Experiences: I really have my reservations about products like these. Yes, I was so excited to try it given the cult-ish type devotion some people have to it, but I was also worried I might be disappointed. That being said, when I received it, I dove right in! I can now say I AM A BELIEVER! I really love love love this cream! I have had chronic dry skin patches on my arms and neck and this really helps with the dryness! I don’t know if it will cure the dryness over time, but I definitely see a huge difference in such a short amount of time. Where most lotions will moisturize the patches for the moment and return to patchiness an hour later, or worse make me peel. This cream hydrates and protects long term and my skin looks better the morning after instead of returning to its previous dry state!
Also, I can use this cream anywhere. I have tested this on my body with great results as well as my face, hands and hair. If you subscribe, you know I have pretty reactive acne-prone skin. This did NOT break me out! This really surprised me a lot because the consistency of this cream looks and FEELS a lot like petroleum jelly, although without the left behind residue or annoying oily feeling. On the contrary, it helped clear some little breakouts I had and gave me a glow in the morning when I put it on before bed! I used it twice as a hair mask before showering and shampooing it out and I really felt that my hair was softer, more manageable (especially in the detangling area where I constantly battle breakage!) and more nourished. I even used this once as an overnight lip treatment to help with some chapped lips to great effect!
Lastly, it features a host of much better-for-you ingredients and a little bit goes a long way! I truly love this cream. I think I will permanently stock this cream in my medicine cabinet as a healthier petroleum jelly replacement. The one thing I did not particularly like about this cream is the odd olive/honey mixture smell. It is sort of off putting and strange to my senses, but honestly, with all the benefits that this cream offers, I really couldn’t care less about the smell. It goes away once this cream sinks in anyhow and since I mostly wear it at night for overnight repair, I really do not care at all!
Who It’s For: I truly believe anyone can use this. From babies to adults, those with sensitive acne prone skin, dry skin or whatever type of skin you have, I really think anyone could benefit from this cream. It has such basic, recognizable and natural ingredients that I believe it can be safe for use on children and young toddlers.
- Overnight Repair Hydration Cream
- Repair Moisture Barrier Cream
- Petroleum Jelly Replacement
- Cuts, Scrapes, & Minor Burns
- Treatment for Chapped, Cracked Lips
- Honey – A natural humectant (attracts moisture), honey is beneficial for a host of skin and hair concerns including acne, dry skin, hair damage and/or breakage and wrinkles. With its antioxidant and anti-microbial properties, it protects against unwanted acne-causing bacteria while treating breakouts and also helps to protect skin from free radical damage. Honey is great for hydrating thirsty
- Royal Jelly – Royal jelly, a natural secretion from worker bees, provides great health and skin benefits including supporting skin cell regeneration and tissue repair, wound healing, and balancing hormones (including during that time of the month!) in order to prevent skin emergencies like breakouts!
- Olive Oil – Used for thousands of years for its hydrating properties, olive oil is high in EFA’s (essential fatty acids) which help to repair and nourish skin and hair. Also known for antioxidant powers, olive oil protects against premature aging and offers a small amount of sun protection (DO NOT USE AS A SUNBLOCK/SUNSCREEN REPLACEMENT! NOT ENOUGH PROTECTION TO BE USED AS A REPLACEMENT- STILL WEAR SUNSCREEN/SUNBLOCK THANKS!).
- olive oil
- bees wax
- bee pollen
- royal jelly
- bee propolis
- Artificial Ingredients
- Synthetic Ingredients
- All Natural & Recognizable Ingredients
- All Purpose Cream Perfect for Cuts, Scrapes, Minor Burns, Damaged Hair, Split Ends Sealer, Lip Treatment, Dry Skin, Acne & Redness
- Thick Balm-Like Formula – A little bit goes a LONG way
- Loved & Used by Celebrities, Models, Doctors, Celeb Makeup Artists & Cult Beauty Enthusiasts Alike
- Can Be Used As Natural Replacement for Petroleum Jelly
- May be Considered Expensive to Some
- Not Enough Size Variety (Only Available in 2, 4, or 8 Oz.)
- Smell May be a turn off for some
- $24.80 for 2 Oz.
- $37.20 for 4 Oz.
- They also have bi-monthly or monthly payment plans where you save a bit more if you go that route.
I really feel that this cream lived up to my expectations and then some. Not only did it soothe the dry skin on my body, it also helped clear a breakout I had on my chin, healed my chapped lips, moisturized my hands, and nourished my damaged hair! I haven’t really had a chance to try it on any cuts or scrapes, but I have a feeling it would work great! I really love that this cream has a short list of ingredients that I can easily recognize. I don’t have to google anything on the list to figure out what it is and I love that because I really feel secure using this on myself and others, including when my younger brother visits and takes any one of his frequent falls during sports. I don’t have to think twice about using it. I actually already ordered a replacement jar of this cream – 1 to keep in my medicine cabinet for emergencies and 1 for the dry spots on my body. I highly recommend this cream to anyone and everyone, especially those who use petroleum jelly to try this instead as a healthier alternative!
Where to Find:
OVERALL RATING: 10/10
Have you experienced Egyptian Magic Skin Cream?
Share your thoughts in the comments!
That’s All for Now!
I’ll Talk to You Soon : ]
Disclaimer: I was NOT given compensation to write this blog post in any way other than the free sample that was sent to me from Egyptian Magic to review. My opinions, thoughts and experiences with this product are my own.