So I was really pleasantly surprised when I logged on tonight to find that Helene AkA the HealthyFrenchie had nominated me for a Sunshine Award. I feel super honored because I am pretty new to blogging on here for Storybook Apothecary (my handmade fantasy-inspired skincare line) and it makes me really happy to be recognized for writing blogs that actually interest people. I really do put a lot of effort into my posts and trying to make them informative and helpful as well as interesting (you know, as opposed to super dull!). And although this blog initially began as a way to promote my skincare line, Storybook Apothecary, I really do try to help others on their quest for organic skincare options and great DIY fun they can do in their own homes as well as the value of organic oils and ingredients as opposed to mainstream skincare. Also, it’s my birthday today so thanks again to Helene for the best birthday gift I could ask for!
It totally made my day!
Here are the rules:
• Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. • Answer 10 questions about yourself. • Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. • Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. • Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
I love how these “awards” enable you to nominate other bloggers and share the love.
1. Favorite color? It’s a toss up between purple and green…and I am loving coral at the moment too!
2. Favorite animal? Dogs, esp. brussels griffons and bull mastiffs! Ooo and korgies, bulldogs, pugs, andddd yeah I love dogs haha
3. Favorite number? 7 and 23 !
4. Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Honey green tea with aloe.
5. Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook.
6. My passion? Acting, Singing, Health & Fitness and Natural Skincare!
7. Prefer getting or giving presents? I like getting gifts, but I definitely prefer to give them because I love surprising people with epic gifts, usually in stages that have a lot of meaning for us as friend or for them as people.
8. Favorite pattern? Navy and white stripes… fleur-de-lis…..lace flowers…
9. Favorite day of the week? Saturdays and Mondays. Saturdays I have off and go to Chinese school which is fun! Then Mondays I spend with one of my bff Stella.
10. Favorite flower? Roses, sunflowers, orchids (purple ones!)
Who I nominate:
- Helene @ HealthyFrenchie – I know! She nominated me first, but I feel like she totally deserves to get a nomination back. She has really great posts and she also seems like a wonderfully brave person. She is so honest and open in her blogs with however her life is at that moment. I just think it’s so nice for someone to be so real with no motives to looking good or putting on airs. She’s great! Follow her!
- Lil’ Miss Shanghai – She is just so much fun! She always has a lot of enthusiasm when she writes and she gets you excited about whatever she is posting. She’s also very nice and friendly! Plus she has cool posts on higher end skincare and makeup that I find really interesting to read.
- The Classy Anarchist – She offers really great posts on green eco beauty among others, plus her posts always have a funny twist. I just feel that she is really good natured and witty and it’s a pleasure to read her posts. She just seems like such a bada$$ chick you know what I mean?
- Karin @ Aspire Well Being – She just really relaxes me! I don’t know what it is, but it’s like her posts are the ones I want to read in the morning when I’m in a really crap mood because I know they will zen me out and rejuvenate me. Reading her blog posts are like visiting a spa or something, but they leave you calm, refreshed and ready to do some hardcore workouts or yoga. I love it!
- Elena @ Love212 – This girl is so stylish and beautiful! Plus she has really fun posts about her adventures in cosmetics. I dunno, I just love how she blogs about how she ends up somewhere that happened to be this cool skincare shop which is cool because she’s been meaning to drop in! The way she writes just makes me think her life is this ultra interesting film; not a boring moment haha. AND she writes great reviews on a lot of beauty products which are very helpful!
- Humaira @ Humaira Beauty – Humaira’s all around beauty advice and DIY fun projects are really creative and interesting. She takes things you wouldn’t think about and helps you find a way to reuse them for something beauty related. Plus she keeps you on the up and up about new products, fashion and style.
- Ms. Em @ BeautyDepartment – Ms. Em is super nice AND her posts are extremely well thought out and fascinating. She takes health, fitness and beauty and combines all 3 in order to give great advice. Whether the topic is what your diet is healthwise for your skin or how much protein you should be intaking daily, her posts really open my eyes to the big picture of beauty, health and all around well being. Plus her travel photos are lovely!
- Fani @ BeautyandI – Fani has really versatile posts about beauty. Whether it’s hair, skin, nails, or whichever, she always has an interesting post on it and it’s never boring.
- The Awesome Family @ PutneyFarm – These bloggers are a family and they post amazing recipes for food dishes, cocktails and more. All of the photos are completely mouth-watering !
- Kate @ SleepingBootay – This girl is hilarious! She always has funny posts about beauty and her own life antics. She’s very witty and always has great advice on beauty sites, products and more.